A young girl who stands by her willpower. She has a calm, shiny, and generous attitude for the ones she loves and cares about. She claims the world is entirely made of beautiful things. Although appearing innocent and good to Yuri, Tabuki, and her parents. she has no mercy when it comes to those who would harm the world. This is seen when she goes to stop Sanetoshi from destroying the world, telling him she will banish and send him into oblivion, things that she never used with Yuri or Tabuki. Couple this with the fact that she is the true identity of the Princess of the Crystal; there may be more to her than what was shown.
She was good friends with Tabuki and it is alluded that he had feelings for her. At the very least she expected them to have a future together, considering the dedication Ringo has to persuing Tabuki on her sister's behalf even going as far writing "Project M" in Momoka's Diary.
Later, It is revealed that Momoka had been the one to rescue Keiju from the Child Broiler when he was tossed aside by his mother. She uses her diary to save his fate, but suffers sufficient damage in turn.
Momoka's childhood friend. Despite Yuri's rejection towards her, Momoka tried all her best to demonstrate that their friendship was a true one, thus sacrificing herself to protect Yuri's life.
It seems that Sanetoshi and Momoka had a fateful encounter in the past. He was in love with her but she rejected him. (Spoilers: they end up being rivals because of her diary; he wanted to destroy the diary and the world while Momoka wanted to save everyone, so they sealed each other with a spell from their own magic, thus splitting Momoka's soul into the two penguin hats and Sanetoshi's into the two black bunnies (Shirase and Souya)).
- The characters for Momoka's first name "桃果" (romanised: Momoka) can be literally translated as "peach fruit" in Japanese, the first word "桃" read as "Momo" meaning "peach" while "果" read as "Ka" means "fruit".
- In Asian culture, peaches are associated with longevity and are believed to chase evil spirits away.
- A famous Japanese tale tells the story of Momotarō, a boy from Heaven sent on Earth in a giant peach to be the son of a childless couple, who years later left his parents to fight a band of marauding Oni (demons or ogres) and returned home with the demons' treasure and their chief as captive.
- She is the true entity of the Princess of the Crystal.
- Her spirit was split into two and became the two penguin hats.
- She bears a similar name to one of the characters of CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon, Momoka Oginome. However, that character's name is written entirely in kanji and is read as "Oginome Momoka" in Japanese whereas Momoka Oginome from CROSS ANGE and Dragon has her given name in katakana and her full name is read as "Momoka Oginome" in both English and Japanese.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Official site's Episode 12 synopsis writes: "March 20th, 16 years ago. Many people died in the subway bombing that occurred that day. Among the victims was Ringo’s older sister, Momoka, who had just turned 10." The math: 1995 (Date of birth) - 10 (age) = 1985
- ↑ Ringo's birthday and the day Momoka died.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Penguindrum Station by expanding it..|